Manager of Research and Development & Engineering
Bronx, New York
The Manager of Research and Development & Engineering will plan and
direct the Engineering Department's product research and develop new
products in accordance with the company's objectives and goals in the
most efficient manner.
1) Lead the Company's research efforts in acoustics, other product
research and design improvements for new and existing products.
2) Lead the application process for SBIR/STTR and other grants.
3) Broaden the Company's affiliations with experts in the field,
universities, agencies and OEM research departments to strengthen grant
4) Monitor such grant programs to ensure that goals are met within
budget and schedule limitations.
5) Provide well-considered judgments on emergency, short and long
term planning for engineering and general operations.
6) Liaison with manufacturing, material control, marketing and
other departments regarding planning matters pertaining to engineering
7) Maintain efficient records to support patent action. Cooperate
with patent council in obtaining patent protection for the company's
unique processes and products.
8) Maintain an effective department to achieve company objectives
consistent with established planning.
9) Prepare periodic reports and other data for presentation to the
President indicating record of achievement in relation to established
goals; recommend improvements, personnel requirement and expenses.
10) Prepares and presents technical presentations to appropriate
11) Administer work rules, disciplinary action; assist with internal
company programs through communication with employees.
12) As necessary, appraise employee performance, recommend and/or
approve change of status and salary adjustments.
B.S. Degree in acoustics / applied physics
Advanced Degree in electronics is highly desirable
Five plus years experience at the managerial level
Extensive experience in analog measurement techniques related to sound
Broad experience with engineering designs and processes for manufactured
Work independently in an informal environment towards company goals.
For consideration, please send resume with cover letter indicating
position applying for and salary requirements to
Return to Job List
Return to ASA Home Page
© 2009 Acoustical Society of America