for Membership Online Using Our Secure Server
Or Download a Membership Application Form
(47 kb PDF) to Apply for Membership Offline
The Society has several levels of membership:
- Qualifications: Any individual working in acoustics or related
field, with an academic degree with a specialization in acoustics or related
field, or with equivalent professional work experience in acoustics, may
apply for full Membership. Annual dues: $120.00 USD
- Qualifications: Any individual interested in acoustics. Annual dues: $100.00
- Qualifications: Any student interested in acoustics who is enrolled in an accredited
college or university for half time or more (at least eight semester hours). Annual dues: $35.00
- Members may be elected to Fellowship, and nonmembers as well as members
who have attained eminence in acoustics may be elected to Honorary Fellow. Annual dues:
- Sustaining Membership is available to corporations and other organizations interested in
supporting the Society's objectives. Annual dues vary depending upon size of organization.
Benefits of membership include:
- the Journal of the Acoustical Society of America,
including meeting notices and programs. Fellows, Members and Associates may choose to
receive the Journal in print, on CD ROM or a combination of both. Students receive the
Journal on CD ROM only. The Journal is now available online to members at no extra
charge in addition to dues.
the quarterly newsletter of the Society.
- Membership Directory and Handbook listing all members of
the Society and pertinent information about the Society. Online version free of charge; print
version available for $10.00 USD.
- Reduced registration fees at Society meetings; students
- Discount prices on ASA books and acoustical standards.
- Eligibility for group insurance including life, hospital
indemnity, long-term disability, and accidental death.
- Physics Today (published monthly by the American
Institute of Physics) is included in the dues payment without extra charge.
Further information on membership and other aspects of ASA activities is
available from the Society's administrative offices:
- Acoustical Society of America
- Suite 1NO1
- 2 Huntington Quadrangle
- Melville, NY 11747-4502
- Telephone: (516) 576-2360
- FAX: (516) 576-2377
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to ASA HomePage
© 2000 Acoustical Society of America